GENESIS OF CELT
Centre for English Language Training (CELT) was established in the Department of English in December 2005 with 40 multimedia PCS as a part of the Department's social responsibility. Initially with a Director and supporting staff, the Centre offered courses in Spoken English and Soft Skills not only to the PG students but also to employees, other dept students, and Engineering college students. Each course is of two months duration with an intake of 40 students and a nominal fee is deposited in University College Principal’s account. So far, forty-nine batches of students have completed the course successfully.
Training Prorammes conducted during March and June in the Academic Year 2021-22 .
In future the centre plans to start remedial courses for the disadvantaged sections of society.
1) A Course in English Communication Skills and Personality Development.
2) Pronounciation and its importance in Classroom.
3) Enhancing Professional Skills.
4) Certificate Course in Spoken English.
5) IELTS Training Programme.
1. Language Laboratory.
2. Spacious and well-equipped classrooms.
3. Movable furniture for various team activities.
4. Gadgets like Home Theatre and LCD Projector.