IQAC – VISION
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and producers for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks:
- Relevant and quality academic/research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks;
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conductive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up;
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate /contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The right balance between the health and growth of an institution needs to be struck. The IQAC has to ensure that whatever is done in the institution for “education” is done efficiently and effectively with high standards, in order to do this, the IQAC will have to first establish procedures and modalities to collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning.
The institutions are requested to submit the AQAR after one year from data of Accreditation every year. A functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports ((AQARs) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycle’s accreditation. During the institutional visit the NAAC peer teams will interact with the IQACs to know the progress, functioning as well as quality substance initiatives undertaken by them.
The IQACs may create its exclusive window tab on its institutional website for ;keeping the records/files of NAAC Peer Team Reports, AQAC, and Certificate of Accreditation Outcomes and regularly upload/report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
NAAC portal will have the facility to submit the AQAR online and institutions will receive automated response.
AQAR of the preceding year be submitted to the NAAC within six months i.e., the institutions should submit the AQAR before 31st December of every year.
The Higher Education Institutions need not submit the printed/hard copy of AQAR to NAAC.