Open Access- Buddhist philosophy databases
BDK (Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai) Database
This is the entrance page to the BDK English translations in the SAT website. In the following pages, you can not only browse the English translations but also consult the original Chinese texts and Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, along with a range of other resources.
H-Buddhism Bibliography Project
A comprehensive, open, online bibliography for the field of Buddhist studies, managed by H-Buddhism, the online network of scholars of Buddhism.
Chinese Buddhist Electronic Text Association (CBETA)
Chinese Buddhist Electronic Text Association (CBETA), supported and funded by Yin Shun Foundation of North America, Bodhi Foundation and Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies (currently Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts) , was founded on 15th Febuary 1998. Aiming to provide a digitalised Buddhist electronic text database freely available.
Library of Tibetan Works and Archives
The LTWA was set up in 1970 and registered under the law of the host country and started functioning with meagre resources. Over the years it has made steady headway in a variety of developmental works firmly establishing its credibility. Today, the LTWA is one of the premier institutes in the world specialising in Buddhist and Tibetan studies, providing a comprehensive resources and attracting increasing number of scholars, researchers, students and visitors from across the globe.
Our policy is to support the free dissemination of digital Buddhist educational material around the world and the systematic development of Dharma based pedagogy in partnership with Buddhist organisations worldwide. The Buddhist eLibrary follows the principle of 'One Dharma', that is, promoting all Buddhist traditions and the diversity of cultures and languages they represent. So far the eLibrary content is available in Chinese, Thai, English and now Spanish and Portuguese. We are planning to expand the range of languages to include the main European and Asian languages as well. We invite world Buddhist organisations, whether they are tertiary institutions, monasteries or related organisations to be involved with this project and support the database by providing content from their respective lineage or teacher, as this project will benefit the worldwide Buddhist community and the dissemination of the Buddha Dharma.
The Buddhist Digital Archives
A cooperative platform for expanding access to Buddhist literature. Explore the millions of pages of texts contributed by Buddhist Digital Resource Center (BDRC) and its many partners.
BuddhaNet is a non-sectarian organisation, offering its services to all Buddhist traditions. It aims to facilitate a significant Buddhist presence in the ever-expanding realm of computer communications technology, applying this technology to helping make the Buddha's teachings freely available to all.
OPEN ACCESS (FREE) ACADEMIC ELECTRONIC ARCHIVES
- ArXiv.org - An Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant archive of electronic preprints in physics, mathematics, computer science, and non-linear sciences. Created by Paul Ginsparg in 1991, it is one of the oldest archives of free online scholarship.
- HighWire Press - Division of the Stanford University Libraries producing online versions of peer-reviewed journals and scholarly content.
- Department of Energy Information Bridge - Full-text research and development reports in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics.
- US Department of Energy - Energy, Science, and Technology Preprints - Searchable gateway to preprint servers that deal with scientific and technical disciplines such as physics, materials, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, and nuclear medicine, related to the activity of the department.
- CiteSeer - Autonomously creates citation indexes of scientific literature. Generates citation statistics and allows easy browsing of the context of citations. Texts freely available in PDF, PS, HTML format.
- CCSD: Thèses-en-Ligne - Eprint repository of French theses in various scientific domains [French/English].
- CCSD: Hyper Article Online -An interface for submitting scientific papers to the article database of the French Centre pour la Communication Scientifique Directe. Papers in mathematics, physics, information science are instantly and automatically directed to "arXiv" [bilingual site in English/French].
- NASA Astrophysic Data System - Free online abstracts and full-text papers in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary sciences, and solar physics.
- Southampton CiteBase Services -Eprints service provider hosting digital archives of the University of Southampton.
- OAIster - Gives access to a large number of eprints archives and electronic resources and through the OAI harvesting protocol reveals digital resources previously "hidden" from users behind web scripts.
- CERN Document Server - Articles and preprints collection aiming to cover the published and pre-published literature in particle physics and its related technologies. The collection includes about 400,000 documents, many of which in full-text access.
- EPrints in Library and Information Science - E-LIS is an open access archive to deposit preprints, postprints and other documents in the field of library and information science in electronic format.
- Uppsala University Publications - Full-text working papers and research reports in PDF format.
- Free Full-Text Science Archives - A directory with annotated links to institutional full-text scientific archives.
- Document and Publication Server of the Humboldt University of Berlin. - (EDOC) Provides free access to publications, theses and dissertations, electronic e-print journals. [English and German]
- Digital Library of Information Science and Technology - (DLIST) Developed by the School of Information Resources and Library Science and the Arizona Health Sciences Library at the University of Arizona using Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant Eprints v.2 software.
- Philsci Archive - An electronic archive for preprints in the philosophy of science.
- eScholarship Repository - Repository of the University of California, U.S., offering a broad range of e-books, journals and peer-reviewed scientific documents. Includes submission guidelines, editing assistance and FAQs.
- Cogprints - Makes preprints and reprints of papers in all areas of the cognitive sciences freely available on-line. Authors can deposit their work in the archive after a (free) registration.
- Virginia Tech - Electronic Theses - Searchable and browsable digital archive of theses and dissertations.
- University of California - Service provider hosting electronic archives for research units and departments at the University of California.
- Digital Library and Archives - Virginia Tech - Open Archive Initiative (OAI) compliant digital repository. E-journals, electronic theses and dissertations, faculty archives.
- University of Trento Eprints archive - A digital repository (OAI compliant) of full-text scientific publications produced by professors and researchers of the University of Trento, Italy.
- The Digital Library of the Commons - Gateway to the international literature on the commons, this working paper archive provides access to author-submitted papers, as well as full-text conference papers, dissertations, working pre-prints and reports.
- Documents in Information Science - (DoIS) - Database of articles and conference proceedings published in electronic format in the field of library and Information science.
- Caltech Library System Papers and Publications - Eprint repository of academic papers in the field of library and information science.
- Cryptology Eprint Archive - Provides access to author-submitted research papers in cryptology.
- Nottingham Eprints - An experimental project to investigate the institutional use of eprints services at the University of Nottingham. Browsable and searchable digital archives of several research units and departments.
- Organic Eprints - Open access archive for papers related to research in organic agriculture.
- NUI Maynooth Eprint Archive - The National University of Ireland Maynooth's pilot electronic print project is intended to act as a central repository for the research output of NUI Maynooth academic staff and departments.
- Institut Nicod Eprints Archive - Online research papers in philosophy, sociology and cognitive science of the Jean Nicod Institute's members.
- ArchiveSIC - French digital archive providing free access to full-text papers in the domain of information and communication science [bilingual site in English/French].
- Caltech Computer Science Technical Reports - Electronic archive of freely downloadable full-text technical reports in PDF format.
- The Computation and Language Eprint Archive - An electronic repository of full-text papers in computational linguistics, natural language processing, speech processing.
- AKT Eprints Archive - Electronic archive of the Advanced Knowledge Technology Project. Downloadable papers in knowledge management.
- Bergen Open Research Archive (BORA) - Digital repository of a research institutions in Norway. Includes full-text peer-reviewed journal reprints, theses, dissertations and other academic research materials. [English, Norwegian]
- Elektronische Bibliothek der Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Bremen - Digital archive providing full-text access to papers, theses and dissertations in PDF format.
- Electronic Publications of the WU-Wien - Electronic archive providing full-text access to working papers and dissertations of the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration.
- Caltech Earthquake Engineering Research Laboratory - Archive of freely downloadable technical reports from several labs in the domain of earth sciences at CalTech.
- Computer Science Teaching Center - A digital archive of peer reviewed resources for teaching computer science. Submission restricted to registered users.
- History and Theory of Psychology Prints - (HTP) Gives access to full-text of refereed papers. Registered users may also deposit appropriate material.
- ANU Library Eprints - Browsable electronic pre- and post-print repository of the Australian National University.
- Fourth International Symposium on Cavitation - (CAV 2001) Proceedings of the symposium, downloadable from this electronic repository hosted by the Caltech Library System.
- Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science - Preprints by members and visiting researchers of the CLE, a research institute at the University of Campinas, Brazil.
- Caltech Electronic Theses and Dissertations - Searchable and browsable repository of theses and dissertations from Caltech.
- HofPrints - An electronic archive for papers produced by members of the Hofstra University Community. It includes papers written by faculty and administrators, papers delivered at Hofstra University sponsored conferences as well as invited lectures.
- IOWA University - Computer Science Technical Reports - Digital repository of full-text technical reports downloadable in multiple formats.
- MIT Theses: Science, Technology, and Society - Searchable collection of selected MIT master's and doctoral theses available online.
- SISTA - Publication database with search engine from the Katholieke university, Netherlands. Includes books, papers, reports and theses on different scientific topics.
- Collection on Critical Global Issues - Full-text access to publications in the fields of agriculture and land management, development, environment and sustainability, food and nutrition, natural resource development, science and technology.
- World Environment Library - New Zealand Digital Library Project provides full text access to publications in the fields of agriculture, biodiversity, climate change, environmental impact assessment, energy, health, natural resources, policy, sustainable development, waste management and water.
- Archivio E-Print - Institutional archive hosted by the library services of the University of Florence. Contains teaching and research documents.
- Medical and Health Library -Hosts full-text publications in the fields of clinical treatment, emergencies, essential drugs, family planning, food and nutrition, health education, HIV/AIDS, medical equipment, prevention, public health, sanitation.
- Computer Science Technical Reports - Free access to more than 45,000 technical reports in computer science extracted from nearly 300 sites around the world.
- Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative (HINARI) - Provides free or very low cost online access to the major journals in biomedical and related social sciences to local, non-profit institutions in developing countries.
- AGORA - Provides access to over 500 journals from major scientific publishers in the fields of food, agriculture, environmental science and related social sciences. AGORA is available to students and researchers in qualifying not-for-profit institutions in eligible developing countries.
- Open Society Institute - OSI. Promotes the development and maintenance of open societies around the world through an array of activities dealing with educational, social, legal, and health care reform.
- International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications - INASP. Its mission is to enhance the flow of information within and between countries, especially those with less developed systems of publication and dissemination.
- International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD) - Assists developing countries to realise locally owned sustainable development by harnessing the potential of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library (TEEAL) - A full-text and bibliographic CD-ROM library of over 140 of the world's most important scientific journals in the field of agriculture. It is available well below cost to over 100 of the lowest-income food deficit countries, as listed in the World Bank's World Development Report.
- International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication (ICAAP) - Technological support for the delivery of scholarly content. Develops protocols for the delivery of scholarly content, provides software for journal management and publication, hosts a database of free scholarly journals and resources.
- Book Aid International - Provides books to libraries, hospitals, refugee camps and schools in order to support literacy, education, training and publishing in over 40 countries around the world. Concentrates over 85% of its resources on 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- James Burke's Knowledge Web - Digital incrarnation of the James Burke's television programs. Visitors can create their own pathways through history, contribute content and investigate virtual reality learning spaces.
- Public Library of Science - PLoS. Non-profit organization of scientists committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature freely accessible to scientists and to the public around the world. Promotion of free access online journals and eprints archives.